Track Manager Role at the Cranbourne Greyhound Racing Club Full Time with flexible hours.
The Cranbourne Greyhound Racing Club is a very successful, boutique venue that caters for a niche in the greyhound racing industry. The Cranbourne venue is a point of difference to all the other tracks in Victoria as we are a 3-code venue having the atmosphere of a city track with a country vibe in a great setting.
We are seeking a passionate and professional person to fill the role of Track Manager. The Track Manager will be responsible for total oversight and management of existing track staff and infrastructure together with ensuring a safe and consistent environment for all greyhounds irrespective of whether for trials or racing. This is a hands-on role.
We are seeking an individual who possess a proven track record in a similar role relative to either an allied racing sector or from within the recreational surface industry. Greyhound track experience is not essential. An ability and willingness to develop learning skills across the specific operations of greyhound racing and track preparations, understanding and implementation of various monitoring and diagnostic tools and procedures, adherence to OHS standards, as well as having a strong knowledge of facility maintenance is essential.
The role is full time minimum 38-hour week and will require attendance at race days including some weekend work. You will be responsible for total oversight and management of existing track staff and infrastructure together with ensuring a safe and consistent environment for all greyhounds irrespective of whether for trials or racing, reporting to the CEO.
- ‘Hands on’ general management of grounds, track, infrastructure and office area including mowing, track preparation and repairs and garden maintenance
- Provide direction to the track staff for the successful delivery of racing and trial days
- Implement the maintenance strategies for the venue and facilities given by the Track Manager
- Ensure work is delivered on time and within OH&S and club standards
- To work as a team member
- Sourcing and assisting of external services and supplies
- Monthly OH&S Reporting, Weekly Track Reporting and Race Day Track readings.
- Willingness to learn to develop and implement preventative maintenance strategies to bring about a proactive and preventative maintenance culture
- Experience in communicating with staff, management, contractors & external stakeholders to deliver successful outcomes
- You will be a strong communicator, both verbal and written with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to learn about planning, organising and coordinating projects
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to meet changing deadlines
- Some knowledge in working with different sand surfaces.
If you have a background in maintenance, grounds keeping or similar industry, coupled with a passion for the racing industry, we would love to hear from you. Previous experience in greyhound track maintenance is not essential but is considered an advantage.
To apply for this position click on Apply or send your cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a copy of your resume to email@example.com by close of business 21/8/2020, Interviews will take place around the 28th August 2020 with the out look to start in the
September 2020, the salary will be on an annual contract to be negotiated on level of experience.
For any further information please call Amanda on 0359962393 or 0418118185.